Who We Are
Industrials is a subsidiary of Stenprop, a listed property company. We own and manage more than 70 industrial estates around the UK which are home to more than 800 small-to-medium-size businesses. Our mission is to become the leading multi-let industrial business in the UK and we are passionate about revolutionizing multi-let industrial property to make it work better for our customers. We do this by offering our customers high-quality business space that is supported by the highest level of customer service so that they can concentrate on running their businesses.
The role will be based in our Stockport office but will include frequent travel across our assets in the North of England and Wales. The role will involve travel to our Head Office in London as and when required.
The position sits within our in-house Asset Management team and the role reports directly to the Senior Asset Manager for the North. The Junior Asset Manager will assist with the implementation of strategies to maximize income potential and facilitate the expansion and promotion of our business. The Junior Asset Manager will be given direct responsibility and ownership of a portfolio of multi- let industrial estates across the region.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementing value-add asset management initiatives and operational efficiencies across a designated portfolio of properties in the North with support from the Senior Asset Manager for the region
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing customers to ensure we are alive to their requirements such as changing occupational need or demand for additional services
- Where possible, ensure all new letting opportunities or existing leasing events are managed in-house with support from our Customer Engagement Managers (CEMs). Events include new lettings, lease renewals, rent reviews, lease re-gears, surrenders, alteration requests etc
- Working closely with our CEMs and assisting with any customer queries and requests they have generated
- Working with our external partners including Letting Agents, Solicitors, Property Managers and Building Surveyors
- Working closely with property management partners to ensure effective day to day management of our assets; including handling of customer queries, rent collection, arrears management, service charge expenditure and budget approval and site maintenance
- Identifying, implementing and overseeing OPEX and CAPEX projects across the region to add value. Ensuring these projects are delivered on time and that best value has been achieved
- Benchmarking performance using our CRM and asset management platform based on key metrics such as income performance to ERV, occupancy and expenditure targets
- Assisting with the formulation of annual forecasts and asset budgeting
- Helping the wider Asset Management team meet KPI’s
Marketing and Brand Promotion:
- Helping our CEMs ensure the branding and marketing of the estates within our portfolio meets our company standards
- Promote the Industrials brand by offering exceptional service to our Customers
- Help us identify opportunities to sell additional products and services across the region
- Assisting the team to approve transactions and create new leasing contracts. Update and management of tenancy records within our CRM system;
- Onboard newly acquired assets to ensure they are seamlessly integrated into our portfolio from both a management and branding perspective
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- An RICS accredited property related degree (2:1) is desired
- Recently qualified or working toward APC
- Previous experience in property or asset management of a commercial asset class (ideally industrial or logistics)
- Good geographical knowledge of the North of England
- Proficient with MS Office, namely MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- A UK Driver’s License is essential
KEY CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- A strong work ethic and tenacity to get the job done in a timely manner and to a high standard.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle priorities effectively
- A team player who can work professionally with a wide range of 3rd party service suppliers including Property Managers, Building Surveyors, Solicitors, Agents etc.
- An ability to read and interpret leases and other legal documentation
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- A pro-active attitude to conduct frequent face-to-face customer meetings
- Strong attention to detail
- Good dispute resolution skills and an understanding of the importance of customer service
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Willingness to work with new technologies to improve the business’ operational efficiency